April in Colour

It has been a cool and damp month so far. I was in Toronto for a Saturday lunch date midtown with a woman I met on Ok Cupid, she was smart, nice but not a match, a story for another time. I made a day of it and did some photography both downtown and up in Rosedale.

The camera of choice was my Canon Populaire, the P, a 35mm Leica Screw Mount rangefinder from the late 1950s. I bought it off fellow Classic Camera Revival host John Meadows. I sold the Canon Serenar lens back to him and then went on the hunt for a younger mid to late 1960s Canon 50 f1.8 lens. This was my first time shooting this piece of glass and I shot colour film, in this case from my stash of expired Kodak Max 400.

The Canon 50 f1.8 LTM lens loves colour film. The skies were a mix of sun and cloud, very changable. This is a killer combination of lens, camera and film, if anoyone is in the market for a budget 35mm rangefinder and don't want to go with a former Soviet camera, give the Canon P a look.

Ok, I know you want to know why the date went nowhere, she wasn't into winter, I ski every weekend, it's a big thing for me, as much as photography. So there you have it.


Camera: Canon P (Populaire), Canon 50 f1.8 LTM lens.
Film: Kodak Max 400.

514 at Yonge and Queen

Mixture of Vintage and Modern at Yonge and Richmond

Saturday Walk on Yonge St

Walking Past Dineen Coffee Co

Deloitte Patio _

Middle of Yonge St

How Much for the Keg in the Window?_


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.