Two Tests for the Price of One, Fomapan 400 and the MD Rokkor 28-85 f3.5-4.5 Zoom lens.

Fomapan Action 400 is a polarizing film, some people love it, others hate it. Personally, I don't get the hate on for this film. This post I'm going to talk about the film, next post, the other test, the MD Rokkor 28-85 3.5-4.5 zoom lens.

I had some experience in the past years ago with Fomapan 400 in 120 format and I was quite happy with the results. This time out I wanted to prove some friends wrong, Fomapan 400 is a decent film if you expose it right and have a decent processing flow. From my research I deduced I'm dealing with a true ISO of around 250 so set the meter to that and proceed accordingly. I processed in Kodak's HC110 developer in dillution B, and used Ilford's stop and Rapid Fix. The negatives dried flat which is great because this past winter both Kodak Tri-X and even Ilford's HP5 400 were cupping to some degree when drying.

The end results are below, a rather nice 1970s Kodak Tri-X look to the images. Yes there's grain but it is a pleasing grain. In short if Kentmere 400 isn't floating your boat in terms of a budget black and white film, give Fomapan 400 Action a shot.

Camera: Minolta X-570, MD Rokkor 28-85 F3.5-4.5 lens.
Film: Fomapan 400, HC110 B.

Stored Boats Around the Corner

Stairs Down to the Not there Docks

Four Chairs and a Large Flower Pot

OYS in Late March_

Orkney Isle Moored

Moored Pascol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.