New Film Alert Kosmo Mono 100

There's a flood of new photographic film out there over the past few years, like Bergger Pancro 400 (still have to figure that film out), Ferrania P30 black and white film and Kosmo Mono 100. Steven Dowling is the brains behind this film. I would call this a traditional emulsion along the lines of Kentmere 100, Rollei RPX 100 on an acetate base. When the film was launched last year I placed my $75 CAD down seeing only one sample image and waited. Once the film was ready for delivery, it became the Holiday postal rush, where Canada Post becomes even more inefficient with international packages and I got it two days before Christmas after notifying Steven.

Sarah Asbridge Ave in the Snow

Sarah Asbridge Ave House One_

I packed the film with me for my annual NewYears house and dog sitting stretch at my brother's place in Toronto. Daylight is short this time of year so I needed a super sunny day if I want some usable images and I had a couple of days of that with one caveat a record-setting polar vortex cold snap where daytime temperatures hovered around  -25c with the windchill factored in. When it is sunny the air is very clear and lighting is very bright.

Frozen Solid Lifeguard Hut


Now as the day went on, the camera got colder and you can tell with some photos my Nikon F2 and lens were struggling a bit. To quote former PBS star the late Bob Ross, I had a happy accident on my hands, the photos have a dreamy quality to them but you can tell the shutter was getting a bit sluggish. I'll be holding off to warmer temperatures to shoot more Kosmo Mono 100 with a Nikkomrat or Nikon FM(2n).

Pair of Seats

Kosmo Mono 100 is a classic black and white film and I chose Rodinal 1+50 for 7.5 min at  20c  Classic Camera Revival Host Alex Luyckx nailed down with his work with this emulsion. I'm a little surprised there's no HC110 B time, pity that's my go-to developer, another reason to mix up another batch of D76/ID11, and I have enough Rodinal to last me a lifetime.

Empty Boardwalk Aound Leuty

I'm going to order more Kosmo Mono 100 because it's a nice film, easy to process and I highly recommend it.  I will however not be placing a top-up order close to Christmas. If you want to order some Kosmo Mono 100 will be back in stock in February to my understanding.

Kosmo Foto

Camera: Nikon F2S, Nikkor Pre Ai 50 f1.4 lens.
Film: Kosmo Mono 100, Rodinal 1+50 for 7.5 min at 20c.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.